May 18, 2008

I made our first LOL!

I created my first LOL for I has a Hotdog! Here's a link to it if you want to vote for him:
http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=1170128 If you haven't already check out the LOL cats at www.icanhascheezburger.com or the dog version at www.ihasahotdog.com they are a riot.

Also, In case you didn't already know. Nemo is famous. He won a contest and is dog of the month at http://www.itsadogthang.com/ We couldn't be more proud!! He won us a free t-shirt. Cool! Check him out because he'll only be there until the end of May.
I've been pretty much out of commission lately from the migraines, but I have managed to make a few things. Here they are:


My first foray into needle felting. I made a needle holder. Pretty much you take raw unspun wool and poke it over and over and over again with barbed needles until you get the shape and design you want. Pretty fun! I want to do this more!!

Step one: take wool and lay it on the pad and start poking away with needles and......

Voila! A New Needle Holder. How cool is that??

My Great-nephew turned 2 and had a Car's themed party. I made the invites look like tickets to a race. Then, I got out the scrapbook supplies and made a custom envelope with Doc Hudson (which is his favorite from the movie) I added actual doll eyes to make him a little more dimensional. It turned out so well that some people thought they were store bought. I guess that's a very high compliment that they didn't look homemade. I'm very proud!

I'm working on my nephew's high school graduation present. It's an afghan with his future college logo on it. Boy, I hope he doesn't decide to go elsewhere. I'll have to kill him, or he'll just have a reminder of where he was gonna go to live with forever. What a nice reminder that would be?? I'm also reworking my first pair of socks for the thirtieth time. You'd think I'd measure my foot before starting again. I keep getting halfway finished and it always ends up too small. Must measure first! Oh, and swatch too!

1 comment:

No1UKnow said...

Cara,
Those invitations look awesome! I would have thought they were professional as well.
You rock!

And Nemo is the cutest Cap'n Smiley.
I think we could have fun with these LOL's.