Sep 10, 2008

Happy Thoughts

I promised to post happy, bubbly thoughts today.  I know my ranting yesterday was kinda incoherent.  Funny how anger just never comes out well on paper.  My thought process was all over the place.  No migraine talk today.  

I've been working hard on things for my good friend.  She is a proud new mama of her baby girl, Daliah.  She's so tiny and cute.  I saw her at 3 weeks old.  She is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen.  Just perfect.  6lbs 8oz.  Very tiny.  My friend requested some baby legwarmers.  I'd never heard of  them before, but she brought me some pictures of some in a pregnancy magazine.  So cute, but also expensive.  I had some sock yarn hanging around that I wanted to play with.  It's Panda Cotton, part cotton, and part bamboo, with a dash of elastic.  They are so soft and cute.  Best thing: fast easy knitting!  

Aren't they cut?  I hope they look great on Daliah.  The colors did pool a bit, but I'm okay with that, couldn't help it anyway.  I decided on two baby blankets to make her.  This one has a knitted center section with crochet granny squares around the edges.  I used washing machine friendly yarn, because no new mom has time to wash and lay flat to dry.  I'm just not that cruel.  The pictures just don't show off the colors well.  The blanket is light lavender, with dark purple, bright but not obnoxious pink, and yellow on the edges. It turned out a bit wonky.  Not too bad for a first try.  Gotta remember how much I hate weaving in all those ends on the granny squares next time.  What granny ever came up with that?  She must have had a lot of patience and way too much time. 



This one is by far my favorite.  It's 36" across and so buttery soft.  I love the round shape, because it is so different.  I'm very proud of this one.  My friend loved it.  I think I'll have to do this one again sometime.  Fun.


These were my first attempt at baby legwarmers.  They're not as soft as the other pair.  Actually, the yarn is soft, it's just too thick to drape very well.  I want to try these on the baby and see if I need to redo them.  It's a self striping yarn.  Cool stuff.  Makes me look more talented than I actually am.

Well, that all my happy project thoughts for today.  At least you can tell I've accomplished quite a bit in the last few months despite the migraines.  My little victory :)


1 comment:

Covered In Crafts said...

I wish I could knit! Great stuff!!