Oct 7, 2008

Damn Thieves!!

This is what we arrived home to two weeks ago.  Nice.

This is the office where they stole my hubby's camera fund, tossed the whole place.  They ransacked the house like in the movies.  Why?!?  Couldn't they make neat criminals?  

This is the bedroom where they took almost every single piece of my best jewelry.  Hope they liked looking at my dirty undies on the floor.  Oh yea, they took some of those too!
This is the living room.  I must say how glad I am they had no appreciation for my scrapbook supplies.  Did they have to toss them on the floor?  I had them so nicely organized.  Bastards!  Note the Oatmeal Creme Pies on the back of the chair.  When we left the house they were in the pantry.  Figure that one out.  Munchies????
This was the former location of a laptop, computer chargers, my huge knitting bag, and who knows what else.  Now I know the importance of backing up my computer.  It never left the house so we never worried much about it.  Goodbye all my invitations, business cards, and tons (and I mean TONS!!!) of downloaded knitting patterns.  Some I paid for and are now el-gonno!  My i-tunes library-Gone!  My bookmarks-Gone!  My privacy-Gone!!  Turd-buckets!!  Why take the charger to the laptop that wasn't home?  How's that useful??!!
The door, of course, was the first thing we noticed.  It didn't dawn on either one of us that the glass was shattered, we only seemed to notice the door was open.  Then the panic set in.  First up was "WHERE'S  NEMO!!!!!!????!!!!  Poor little guy was huddled under a tiny corner under the craft room bed (there's a trundle bed under there, too).  He wouldn't come out.  We were so relieved to see he was okay.  Mostly okay, anyway!!  He's still having trouble getting over things.  I don't even want to imagine what that must have been like for my tiny pup.  He did what I'd want him to--HIDE!!  The bed was moved out and the mattress was out of whack.  We're still not too sure if they were trying to get to him or not.  I hope he bit them hard!  Actually, I just hope they never touched him.  We weren't able to leave him home for about a week.  He'd freak out and try to climb our legs when we tried to leave.  Brinks came and installed a security system, but we never left him home until we could get the security set.  Especially since we didn't have a real back door.  We had a shell of a door with plywood and visqueen (sp?) .  We took Nemo to the vet Friday (over a week later) and they said he might not be as sick as we thought, it might still be him feeling traumatized.  Scary, that things have stuck with him so long.  We know he was having nightmares the first two or three days.  He would jerk in his sleep and wake himself up.  It was really awfull to just sit there and not be able to help him.  After two weeks he's finally eating regularly and just about back to himself.  Thank God.
That would be my eyeshadow laying in the doorway.
I still don't know why they had to toss my makeup all over the room.  For fun?  Crazy psychos!

Buttholes!!

I'm not the best housekeeper, but I'm not this bad.  When it was all summed up they made off with quite a bit.  Originally we were thinking just a few things about $1500.  Now, we're closer to $6000.  Nice, huh.  They take some of the dumbest things.  Like the oatmeal creme pies.  At least they thought about taking them.  In the end we were missing a laptop, computer chargers, bluetooth phone, small camera fund stash, 2 gold necklaces, 1 ruby & diamond pendant, 2 hefty gold rings, lots of earrings, one nice, big fake ring, 3 jackets, 1 laundry basket, 2 bras, 1 knitting bag, 1 almost finished knitted sweater (if they only knew how much that yarn was worth-they left the sleeves, gee thanks), 1 video camera, non-replaceable home movies from the last 3 years, 1 bottle of pain medication, and the list keeps growing and growing and GROWING!! Bastards!

The upside to the whole thing is we have nice new french doors with enclosed blinds and a brand spankin' new security system.  We're armed and ready now.  I dare them to come back and try again.  Okay, not really!  We're installing spot lights this weekend.  It's gonna look like Fort Knox around here.  They could have taken the whole house as long as Nemo was still here we're going to make it.  The door was open and the back gate was open.  We're very glad he was too scared to move.  We got burgled.  Boogers!  I'm tellin' ya the first fat girl I see wearing my sweater is getting tackled and I'm sitting on her ass until the police come.  You have no idea how insulting it is to a knitter to steal her first sweater made from gift yarn from the hubby.  That's a biggy for him to buy me yarn, because we all know I'm a yarn ho! 

So, I've got two needles.  You've got two eyes!  Don't mess with a chick that knits!!  I'm armed with Brinks and pointy needles.  Watch out world!!!

1 comment:

No1UKnow said...

Hey yarn ho!

Those pictures say it all. Very upsetting. But I'm glad everything is back together and that you're armed and dangerous. Two needles. Two eyes. Heh heh. Go get 'em, girl.